Kodi is open-source software designed for home entertainment and is totally free to use. It was originally created for Microsoft Xbox and was called Xbox Media Centre (XBMC), but in 2014 the name was changed to Kodi. Since its creation in 2003, it has continued to evolve using the services of more than 200 translators and 500 software developers.
It is managed by a non-profit XBMC Foundation and is available on a huge range of platforms in more than 65 languages. It turns any smartphone, computer or tablet into a digital set-top box or streamer, enabling the users to stream files from the internet, a home network and local storage.
Kodi App Apk for Android, PC, Laptop Download:
The best part about this app is that as it is not held back by licensing or a curated app store, you can download a range of community-made apps, and watch whatever you like. Keeping the convenience of users in mind, its “10-foot UI” was designed to make it readable from a theoretical distance of 10ft, which makes browsing through the content simple. In simple words, it means if you are sitting on the sofa it should be legible on TV and should be compatible with remote control hardware or software.
Kodi App for PC, Laptop:
Let us see how to download Kodi app on PC/Laptop.
- Go to Kodi app official website.
- Kodi app site will appear on the screen.
- Now Click on Download button which will appear at top left corner of the page.
- Then you will find download links of Kodi App for PC/ Laptop.
- Click on Download for PC/ Laptop and install the Kodi app on your device. Now you are all set to enjoy.
In the past, Kodi was confined to a media centre box such as a dedicated computer, but now it can be installed on an android phone and the same media can be played anywhere if the bandwidth is available to stream content.
Kodi Apk for Android Device:
Let us see how to download and install this brilliant app on your android device.
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu icon on your Android device.
- Once you reach there, you select the “Security” sub menu.
- Here, enable the “Unknown sources” option.
- Now open the device’s built-in “Web Browser” application.
- Go to http://kodi.tv/download/.
- From here, download the latest version of Kodi Apk for Android by clicking on the link under the Android icon.
- Once downloaded, go to the “Download” folder on your Android device through the “File manager” application.
- Click on the downloaded Kodi APK file and open it. If prompted, choose to complete action using the “Package installer” tool.
- Click on ‘confirm’ to install Kodi to your Android device.
It takes few minutes for the installation to complete. Once it is done, choose to “Open” the Kodi app and let it run few updates prior to using it. Once it is done, you are all set to enjoy.
Conclusion – Kodi App:
It’s compatible with a very wide range of file formats and OS platforms like Android, Windows, Mac OS X, Kodibuntu, iOS, Raspberry Pi, Linux etc. It has an open-source nature, high profile and large base of programmers, which simply translates to the fact that you can download a vast range of add-ons and reskins to customise the software to your heart’s content.